Recipe adapted and modified from Anncoo Journal.
*I used a 21cm tube tin
60g cream cheese or cheddar cheese (I used a mixture of both)
6 egg yolks
90g cake flour
15g corn flour
6 egg whites
½ tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven at 150C.
- Sieve both types of flours together. Set aside.
- Boil milk, then lower heat and add in cheese and butter stir till melt. Set aside to cool.
- Once the cheese mixture has cooled, whisk in egg yolks, then flour till well incorporated. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, then add cream of tartar. Gradually add in castor sugar and continue beating until firm peaks formed.
- Add the meringue into yolk batter, by 3 or 4 portions. Fold in each portion with hand whisk, and fold the last portion with a spatula. Fold until you do not see any meringue in the batter.
- Transfer batter to the tube tin, bang on the table top few times to remove air bubbles.
- Send it to bake at 150C for 1hour.
- Once it is done, remove the cake from the oven immediately and invert to cool completely before un-moulding.