NOTE: this cake needs to be kept in a fridge as it contains coconut milk.
5 egg yolks
20g caster sugar
100g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 ml coconut milk
1 tsp pandan extract
3 tbsp olive oil
5 egg whites
60g caster sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 150C.
2. Beat the egg yolks and 20g sugar, then add in coconut milk, pandan extract, mix well.
3. Sieve in cake flour and baking powder into the egg yolk mixture, then add olive oil. Set aside.
4. Beat the egg whites till foamy then add cream of tartar. After mixing well, add the 60g sugar, 1/3 at a a time. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
5. Spoon and mix in the meringue to the egg yolk mixture, in 3 batches. Fold in the last portion with a spatula. Be sure to fold until you don't see any meringue.
6. Pour the batter to an un-greased tube tin, tap on table top few times to release air bubbles.
7. Send to bake for 1 hr