This recipe introduces the 'rubbing-in' method. In this particular option, it is important to use only slightly soften butter and to manage the mixture with your fingertips only. If the mixture touches your palm, the heat from your hand will melt the butter, and you would not be able to achieved the 'breadcrumbs' effect!
*My kids love them so much that the last batch was finished within days! I'm making another batch this weekend :)
220g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven at 180’C, and lay baking tray with baking sheets.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together.
3. Rub fat into flour (using your fingertips), until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs texture.
4. Add sugar and mix well.
5. Add beaten egg and vanilla essence and mix to a soft pliable dough.
6. Knead and roll out on a floured board, cut with your cutest cookie cutter!
7. Once you are done, send them into the oven and bake for 15min, or until the cookies turn light brown.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.