Recipe adapted from Jeannie Tay.
300g Cream Cheese -softened to room temperature
40g salted butter
3 eggs yolks
20g Corn Starch
80g greek yoghurt
1tsp vanilla extract
3 egg whites
75g caster sugar
- Prep for water bath baking.
- Grease 7" round tin, line the base.
- Preheat heat oven to 150C.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Beat the cream cheese with the back of the spatula (mixer & hand whisk is fine as well, depends on your personal preference), then add the melted butter and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the egg yolks and sifted cornstarch until well combined. Add yoghurt and mix well. Then add in the milk and mix until combined.
- Add yolk mixture into the cheese mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- Whip the egg whites until foamy, gradually add in sugar and beat until just reached soft peaks.
- Fold meringue into the cheese mixture.
- Send to bake via waterbath, at 150C for 80mins.
- Once baked, removed from oven and leave to cool on cooling rack. After around 10-15mins, while the cake is still warm, unmould the cake on a silpat or greased-proof baking tray, remove the baking paper at bottom and reinvert back to cool completely, then leave to chill in fridge overnight.
It was prefect!
Until I had a minor accident while unmoulding the cake! I was doing something else and took a bit too long to get to the cake, so it was already pretty cooled down by the time I unmoulded it. So the trick here is to quickly remove the cake from the tin while it is still warm. Work just like JCC!