Search This Blog

Monday 25 May 2015

Banana muffins with chocolate chips and walnuts

I thought I have neglected this little baby because the last time I made cupcakes was more than a year ago.  But when I tried to make them recently, all either collapsed or shrunk!  Trust me, I was really really upset and almost swore that I won't make these again..

But I just feel that I should not give up, so I googled and youtubed and finally decided to give it another try, and TADA!!!


Recipes adapted from Jeannie's blog. I modified by replacing the butterscotch with chopped walnuts and chocolate chips, also reducing the amount of banana used.  I used 180C instead as the temperature and baked for 20min.

Ingredients
2 ripe bananas
125ml oil (I used canola oil)
2 eggs
250g plain flour - sieved
100g caster sugar
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1tsp baking powder
100g walnuts - chopped into small uneven pieces
100g chocolate chips (i used the mini-sized version)

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12pieces muffin tin with muffin liners.
  2. Mashed bananas with a fork.  Set aside.
  3. Beat the oil with eggs, until it is thoroughly combined.
  4. In another mixing bowl, put flour, sugar, bicarbinate soda & baking powder together.  Mixed well with hand whisk/spatula, then beat in the wet mixture, follow by the mashed bananas.
  5. Fold in the walnuts & chocolate chips.
  6. Fill each muffin liner with the batter.  Each liner should be 3/4 filled.
  7. Send to bake for 20min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.