In this recipe, I used the small round cake mould that sold in Daiso. It has a removable base that helps to removes the cake from the tin easily :)
*This recipe yields a 4" cake.
For the base:
200g chocolate biscuits (i used Hershey's, but I think you can use other brands or even oreo!)
For the cake:
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g castor sugar
2 small eggs
1/4 tsp vanilla essense
3/4 cup Marigold yoghurt (take any flavour you fancy!)
4 tbsp milk
*preheat oven at 180'C
1. Double boil50g butter, send aside to cool.
2. Pound biscuit (remove cream if there's any sandwiched between) till fine.
3. Mix the melted butter with biscuits then press it with the back of the spoon against the base of the baking tin. Set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
5. Add in beaten eggs with vanilla essense, gradually into the mixture.
6. Add in yoghurt.
7. Fold in sifted flour.
8. Add milk to the mixture untill it has a soft dropping consitency.
9. Pour mixture into the baking tin that we 'lined' with the biscuit mixture.
10. Sprinkle almond flakes on top of the mixture.
12. IMPORTANT NOTE: put the cake tin on top of another baking tray. This is because you should be expecting some oil to leak out of the tin, these comes from the butter that we used in the biscuit mixture. But if you are not using a removeable based tin, then you can ignore this step.
11. Bake for 35min.
PS: Test if the cake is well-baked by poking a skewer at the center of the cake. It should come out clean ☺️