6 egg yolks
100g cream cheese
75g Cake flour
20g Corn flour
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1tbsp cocoa powder
1.2tsp red coloring
- Preheat oven to 150C and prepare 8" round baking tin (lined bottom only) for waterbath baking.
- Double boil butter, cheese and 50g sugar until cheese melted. Add milk and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and sieve in cake flour and corn flour. Whisk until combined then add in the egg yolks and beat until well blended. Set aside.
- Beat egg white until foamy, add cream of tartar then gradually add in the 100g sugar in several batches, then continue to beat until attained firm peaks.
- Fold in meringue to the yolk batter in 3 batches.
- Divide batter into 2 portions. Fold in red coloring and cocoa powder into one of it.
- Transfer both batter spontaneously to baking tin, then swirl lightly with chopstick. Tap the tin on the counter few times to release trapped air. Send to bake via waterbath at 150C for 75min.
- When baked, leave the tin upright to cool on rack. The sides will pull away after few mins, then invert the tin to remove the baking sheet and mould, then invert back up right to cool completely. If the bottom is wet, put into the oven to dry with the residual heat for 10-15 minutes.