170g cake flour
2.5tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 egg yolks (large eggs)
80g castor sugar
100ml vegetable oil
6 egg whites
1/4tsp cream of tartar
80g castor sugar
200g oreo cookies - remove cream and pound finely
*Preheat oven at 150C
1. Beat yolk with castor sugar with hand whisk until the batter turn creamy.
2. Add oil and continue to beat until it is mixed in, then add milk. Stir well and set aside.
3. Sieve in flour, baking powder & salt into the (A) batter and mix until well combined (I used a hand whisk to do this).
4. Beat egg whites until foamy, then add cream of tartar. Gradually add in castor sugar (B) and continue beating until firm peaks form.
5. Add the meringue into (A) batter, by 3 or 4 portions. Mixed each portion with hand whisk, and fold the last portion with a spatula. Fold until you do not see any meringue in the batter.
6. Divide the batter into 2 equal portions. Mix 1 portion with 3/4 oreo and 1/4 to the other portion. Bang both bowls of batter to release air bubbles.
7. Spoon spontaneously of the 2 portions into the baking tin. Bang again the batter few times on the table top to remove air bubbles.
8. Bake 1 hour. Once it is done, remove the cake from the oven immediately and invert to cool completely before un-moulding.
I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at email@example.com. We look forward having you in our network!