Modified this from my first successful Ogura recipe :)
5 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1/4 tsp salt
40g canola oil
90g plain flour
100g castor sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2tsp matcha powder
2tsp charcoal powder
- Preaheat oven at 160C
- Lined the bottom of a 7; square tine or 8" round tin. *will be using waterbath method , so do not use a tin with removable base!
- Beat egg yolks, whole egg, salt, oil & milk with hand whisk, until fluffy.
- Sieve in flour then mix it up until well combined.
- Beat egg white, cream of tartar & castor sugar until firm peaks form.
- Using a hand whisk, mix 1/3 of (B) mixture at a time, into mixture (A).
- Switch to a spatula to lift batter from bottom to fold. Be sure the mixture is well combined & smooth.
- Spilt batter into 2 portions.
- Sieve and fold in matcha powder into 1 portion.
- Sieve and fold in charcoal piwder into 1 portion.
- Spoon in the batter from each portion spontaneously into the baking tin. Then tap the tin on the table top few times to release air bubbles.
- Put the baking pan into another larger pan, then fill the latter up with hot water (1/3 of the tin with batter).
- Send to bake at 150C for 70min.
- Once baked, remove from oven and invert the cake immediately on a cooling rack to cool. If you want a soft surface, invert on a non stick frying pan.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.