I got this Kenwood BM250 from the Harvey Norman Sale at SGD199. I think this cost around $200+ originally. So quite a good deal actually :) This BM has 12 pre-set menus:
Anyway, I 'opened ceremony' for the machine, using the rich yeast dough from my school time to make some Ham & Cheese buns!
*Ingredients should be of room temperature
220g bread flour - sieved
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 packet yeast
1 rounded tsp sugar
1/2 egg (beaten and leave the balance for glazing)
20g butter - melted
3 slices hams - sliced into smaller pieces
3 slices cheeses - sliced into smaller pieces
1tsp sesame seeds
1. Mix the melted butter with milk.
2. Pour in the mixture to the bread tin.
3. Add in the beaten egg.
4. Add in flour, be sure the flour covers the water.
5. Add in the sugar and salt.
6. Make a small well in the centre (do not expose to the water below) and add in the yeast.
7. Transfer the tin to the BM, and set to menu 8, dough menu. This process, includes mixing, kneading & 1 stage proofing will takes around 1h 30min.
8. After this is done, remove the dough from the tin, punch the dough to get rid of the cardon monoxide that was built up inside, and knead the dough to a pliable consistency.
9. Bring the dough back to the BM and proof for another 15-20 min.
10. When it is done,remove the dough, floured a board and your hand, and starts the shaping!
11. Cut the dough into 6 portions.
7. Roll into a round shape, place some ham and cheese in the centre. Sealed it up and roll the mixture into a ball.
8. Placed the sealed side facing down to the baking tray and make 3 slits on top of each bun.
9. Cover the buns with a towel and leave to proof for another 10min.
10. Preheat oven to 170'C.
11. After the dough has been proofed, glaze the top with beaten egg and sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
12. Bake for 20min.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.