Original recipe adapted & modified from BC, but I cannot remembered who exactly...but looking at the ingredients, should be Kat Kat :P
*Makes a 6" cake
3 egg yoks
1 whole egg
50g condensed milk
35g plain flour
15g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
35g canola oil
Pinch of salt
3 egg whotes
45g castor sugar1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven at 140C with a tray of hot water.
- Grease the side and line bottom of 6" tin.
- Sieve, flour, cocoa powder & soda together. Set aside.
- Heat up oil and drizzle over the flour mixture, quickly mixing it to a smooth consistency. Set aside,
- Beat egg yolks, 1 whole egg & condensed milk until well combined. Then pour the flour mixture into it, and mix until well combined.
- Beat egg white until foamy, add in cream of tar tar. Continue beating, and add in sugar in 3 batches. Stop when you attain soft peak.
- Fold in the meringue to the egg yolk batter in 3 batches. Fold until you do not see any streaks of the egg whites.
- Pour batter into baking tin, bang on table top few times to release air bubbles.
- Send to bake by waterbath method. Baked at 140C for 15min, then 130C for 75min.
- Once baked, remove from oven immediately and invert to cool for 5min, then remove the baking tin and baking paper, and revert back upright to cool completely.
Fresh out from the oven!
Sliced into half, ready for frosting!
My end product! I named this, Bed of Roses!
The Mommy hand-made a bunting and separately bought a topper.
It looks like Cinderella is dancing in a rose garden!
Another separate one that I made in a tube tine and frosted with chocolate ganache :)
Hi, I would to ask if the baking time is 75 min for the second part.ReplyDelete
Yes indeed :)Delete
Can I use non stick baking tin for this recipe?ReplyDelete
Could I replace 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda to something else? Thank u...ReplyDelete