*make 2 small baguettes
270g bread flour (original recipe calls for 250g but I found the dough too wet, so increased the quantity in my version)
2g instant yeast
180ml water - room temperature
- Put in all wet ingredients into the breadmaker.
- Add flour on top of wet ingredients, then salt. Makes a small 'hole' without exposing the water, add in the yeast in it.
- Select menu 8 (dough menu) on BM (took 1.5hr in total in BM, I leave the dough inside to proof for an additional 30mins)
- Once the process is done, remove the dough, cut into 2 portions, roll into long shape and leave to rest (covered) for 1hour or until double it's size.
- Put a sheet of baking paper on the baguette tray/baking tray.
- Once the dough is ready, use a knife, slice interval cuts on the loaf.
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- On the lower rack, put in a tin of hot water, and bake the baguette at the middle rack, for 20min. Then reduce temperature to bake at 200C for another 10min or until the bread turn golden brown.
- Once done, remove from oven to cook completely.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.