Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Copy Amos Cookies

I wanted to try to bake some Famous Amos Cookies since my kiddos love them (yes, myself too!), so googled a bit and found this recipe that looks quite good.  Gave it a tried last night, and:

1. Doesn't look like it at all, not even a bit :(
2. I was hoping to find my kitchen fill with the FA aromatic smell, but nah.  To be fair, yes, it smell nice but far far far from the distinctive FA smell..
3. It taste decent, probably a bit like the FA, but seems more like coffee chocolate-chips cookies to me.
4. Texture is the only thing that did not let me down, really crunchy!

Ok, it did not failed like a burnt cookie, just not like a real FA.  And I took a bit of short cut...I infused the coffee oil with the egg for less than an hour and I used only a little bit of processed oats. Anyway, it taste pretty good, so I want to jot this down in my little recipe library.  And, I shall named it Copy Amos!

Actually doesn't look that bad..

Packed some for my colleagues and they like it!

*Below recipe is the modified version
Ingredients
125g salted butter - softened
75g brown sugar
A pinch of salt
1/2 egg
1/2 tsp coffee oil
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
20g of oats - processed to bits
20g of ground almond
30g of your favourite nuts - chopped
75g of semi-sweet chocolate chips
150g of self raising flour

Method

  1. Beat egg with vanilla essence & coffee oil, set aside in fridge overnight to infuse the aroma.  If not, at least 2 hours.
  2. Lined cookie tray with baking paper.
  3. Preheat oven to 170C.
  4. Beat butter, suagr & salt to combine.
  5. Beat in egg, follow by the rest of the ingredients except flour.
  6. Lastly, fold in sifted flour.
  7. Placed half teaspoon of the mixture on the tray, spacing slightly apart from each other.
  8. Bake for 9-10min.
  9. cool completely before serving.
  10. To allow the flavour and fragrance to develop further, store cookies in airtight container overnight before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.