Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Tortally Sponge Cupcake

I joined a baking group in Facebook, and in the group there was a popular recipe circulating around, created by one of the group member, Michelle - Jello Chiffon Cake.  I actually wanted to give it a try but I have not got myself a chiffon tin yet, and I could not get any Jello powder as well, hence I'm giving a try on this instead.

It is really not too bad indeed, the cake has a fruity taste, and probably because of the gelatine content in the Tortally powder, the cake top of the cake was rather crunchy too :)

The basic sponge cake follows the same recipe that I did for Lavender Sponge Cake (originally adapted from Jeannie's blog).  I did a bit of modification for this particular recipe.






Ingredients
150g cake flour - sieved
125g caster sugar
5 eggs
15g cake emulsifier
1tsp baking powder
90g of Tortally (take any flavour you like, I took the strawberry one)
100g butter

Method

  1. Prepare muffins linears.
  2. Preheat oven at 150C.
  3. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
  4. Beat flour, sugar, eggs, emulsifier, tortally powder & baking powder together, at high speed, probably for 5min, until the batter becomes very smooth & creamy.
  5. Pour in the melted butter, fold it into the batter, from bottom to top, so as to ensure the butter is well incorporated into the mixture.
  6. Once the batter is ready, fill each muffin case about 80% full.
  7. Send to bake for 25-30min.  If a skewer come out clean, it means the cake is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.