It is really not too bad indeed, the cake has a fruity taste, and probably because of the gelatine content in the Tortally powder, the cake top of the cake was rather crunchy too :)
The basic sponge cake follows the same recipe that I did for Lavender Sponge Cake (originally adapted from Jeannie's blog). I did a bit of modification for this particular recipe.
150g cake flour - sieved
125g caster sugar
15g cake emulsifier
1tsp baking powder
90g of Tortally (take any flavour you like, I took the strawberry one)
- Prepare muffins linears.
- Preheat oven at 150C.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat flour, sugar, eggs, emulsifier, tortally powder & baking powder together, at high speed, probably for 5min, until the batter becomes very smooth & creamy.
- Pour in the melted butter, fold it into the batter, from bottom to top, so as to ensure the butter is well incorporated into the mixture.
- Once the batter is ready, fill each muffin case about 80% full.
- Send to bake for 25-30min. If a skewer come out clean, it means the cake is ready.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.