Recipe adapted from Evangeline Diana Lee.
A great recipe to clear the egg whites after making the Pineapple Tarts!
100g almond flakes
50g melon seeds
3 egg whites
2tbsp vegetable oil
70g castor sugar
40g plain flour
Black & white sesame seeds to sprinkle
- Lined baking tray and preheat oven at 180C.
- Mix egg whites, sugar, oil & flour until well-combined.
- Add in almond flakes & melon seeds and mix well.
- Transfer mixture into baking tray and spread them thinly & evenly over the tray.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the mixture.
- Send to bake for 18mins.
- Once baked, quickly lift the baking paper to a heat-resistance surface (eg: silpat or wooden choping board) and cut them into squares or rectangular shapes. Note: they will turn hard once cooled.
- Then transfer to cooling rack and leave to cool completely before storing them in air-tight containers.
Fresh out from oven!
Baked, cut & packed!