A great option to bake as CNY goodies.
150g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
80g icing sugar - sieved
1tsp vanilla essence
50g of ground peanut powder
some cashew nuts
- Lined baking tray and preheat oven to 180C.
- Sieved plain flour & baking powder together. Set aside.
- Beat butter & sugar until light & creamy.
- Add in egg.
- Fold in sieved flour mixture.
- Shape into roll balls, then press down a cashew nut in the center.
- Sent to bake for around 20mins, or until turn light brown.
*Optional: apply eggwash for shiny top
This is the type of peanut powder I used.
Separate batch that I applied with eggwash.