Superb for easing those impromptu baking urge or baking with young kiddos!
*I used my measuring cup to weight out the ingredients. 200ml/cc is equivalent to 1 cup.
1 1/2 cup plain flour - sieved
3/4 cup castor sugar
1 tbsp castor sugar - for dusting
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
10 pieces oreo - break into smaller pieces
1. Prep muffins tray with 12 cases.
2. Preheat oven to 180C.
3. In a mixing bowl, add in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
4. In the measuring cup, add in oil, then the egg. Top up with milk to the 1 cup line. Add in vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
5. Pour in the wet mixture to the flour mixture, mix with a fork until well combined. *Note: batter will be thick.
6. Add in oreo pieces and mix well.
7. Fill up the muffin cases till 80% full, sprinkle each muffin with some sugar (for that extra sweet cruncy top!) then some oreo pieces.
8. Send to bake for 15-20min. And viola!