This round, I made them in chocolate and matcha flavour :)
*makes about 28 mini moon cakes
For the snow skin:
150g icing sugar
160g gold water
1 tsp matcha powder
2 drops green coloring
1 tsp cocoa powder
2 drops chocolate coloring
For the filing:
420g lotus paste (I used the no-sugar type from Phoon Huat)
65g of melon seeds
- In a mixing bowl, place lotus paste & melon seeds together and knead until both ingredients is well combined.
- Divide the lotus paste into portions of 30g each, then roll each portion into balls. cover with cling wrap and set aside.
- Sieve gaofen, icing sugar together.
- Rub in shortening until they resemble bread crumbs, then add in cold water and knead to a dough.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- Knead in matcha powder & green coloring by hand until the colour are spread out evenly.
- Repeat step#6 for chocolate flavour.
- Divide the dough into portions of 25g each, then roll each portion into balls.
- Take a ball of dough, and flatten it until you get a thin circle. Place a ball of filing in the center and wrap and seal it up. Roll again to smooth the surface. Repeat steps for the balance.
- Sprinkle some gaofen into the mould, pour out the access flour. Press down the dough to the mould for imprint. Repeat steps for the balance.
- Put the mooncakes in a container and store them in the fridge.
Rub in shortening to the gaofen mixture
Knead lotus paste with the melon seeds until
Roll up the filings
Knead in the colourings and flavourings
This are the mini moulds that I used.
Parts of my completed products. I think they look quite cute :)
Packed up to share with my colleagues :)
My last batch for 2015! :)