This is my first steamed cake! It's so easy to make them (all done within 30mins!) and they taste great! Light fragrance of soyabean milk and honey! Sweetness is just right!
2tbsp soyabean milk
2tbsp canola oil
3tbsp condensed milk
2/3 cup plain flour (ard 130ml/cc in a measuring cup) - sieved
2tsp baking powder
1. Prepare steamer (heat up in medium heat and tie a towel on the steamer cover) and 7 muffin cases in seperate ramekin/small muffin baking tins.
2. Beat egg, sugar and milk until well combined.
3. Add oil, condensed milk and honey. Mix until well combined.
4. Combined flour and baking powder, mix them well with a fork. Then mix into egg mixture until smooth.
5. Transfer batter into muffin case. Fill them up to almost close to the brim (this is my first try, so I thought i should fill them up 80% full like baked muffins. But I was wrong, hence you can still see the cases edge around my cakes!).
6. Send to steam for 10-13min. Once done, remove to cool.