Search This Blog

Friday 21 August 2015

Mini Egg Cuppy Cake 鸡蛋糕

Wanted to make something for the kids's breakfast tomorrow, so I gave a try on this recipe that i got online.  It's awesome!  Easy to make, smells and taste great!


Ingredients
*makes 11-12 small cakes

25g canola oil
2 eggs
90g plain flour (i mixed in about 40g top flour as my plain flour was running out!) - sieved
100g sugar (I used 80g instead as I don't like my cake too sweet)
1/2tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt

Method
*preheat oven at 180C
*If using baking moulds/silicon moulds, grease them before using.

1.  Sieved flour and baking powder.  Set aside.

2.  Beat egg, sugar and salt until the mixture turns pale yellow and fluffy.

3.  Fold in flour, then oil.

4.  Fill each case about 3/4 full.

5.  Bake for 20min.

Original recipe.  I halved the ingredients.



Beat egg mixture until light and fluffy.



Fill each case about 3/4 full.




Yummy!!

A variation from this recipe, just ass 1/2 tsp pandan extract to the batter :)





4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I tried your recipe today, the crust turns out brown and crispy which is yummy. However the inside is a bit dry. Would you know why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main reason for dry cake is usually too due to too much flour. But for this cake, the texture is not those very moist type, but more on the spongy category.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for you reply. Perhaps I will reduce the flour next time.

      Delete
  2. Hi..My cake turn out hard and dense. Am using hand whisk. Could this be the reason?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.